Michael Rubino joins Alexx Stuart on her podcast Low Tox Life to talk about water-damaged buildings, mold, ERMI testing, remediation, and what some of the tell-tale signs are for water damage. Michael also discusses the best ways to build to avoid it.
What You’ll Learn
- How Michael got into the mold remediation industry and why his company is different
- The issue with not recognizing indoor mold growth as a health problem
- The importance of PPE to remove mold
- Homes that are prone to mold contamination issues and new vs older buildings
- What to look for before buying a new home
- Humidity vs. leaks causing mold growth
- About Michael’s new non-profit Change the Air
- How to properly remediate mold in a home
- Mold is both an organism and a non-living particle
- How to properly test for mold in a home
- Michael explains how he reads an ERMI test
- Reactions to mold exposure
- Michael’s new product called The Dust Test
Give a listen below!
About Alexx Stuart:
Alexx Stuart is an educator and change agent who founded Low Tox Life in 2010 after seeing the lack of transparency in our food system, personal care, and cleaning products. She's built a movement that's non-judgmental, positive and says low tox peeps are a force to be reckoned with! A columnist for Wellbeing magazine, she is also a sought-after speaker and consultant to businesses committing to change for good.
About Michael Rubino
Michael Rubino, Author of The Mold Medic: An Expert's Guide on Mold Removal, is the authority on mold remediation. As President of HomeCleanse, Rubino specializes in working with people who are immunocompromised or have acute and sustained reactions to mold exposure. Rubino provides solutions that not only get rid of mold sources, but also get rid of the contamination created by those mold sources using his proprietary “Home Detox” method. He is a council certified Mold Remediator by IICRC and ACAC and a contributing member, sponsor, and speaker for the Indoor Air Quality Association.