Household mold is not just an ugly cosmetic nuisance. It can also be dangerous to your health. This is why we should take it seriously and work to avoid it in your home.
Keeping your home clean and attractive is always an uphill battle. The exterior, always exposed to the elements, will inevitably pick up dirt, pollen, and leaf litter, and rain, wind, and sun exposure may degrade it even more. The interior will no doubt encounter the wear and tear that come with everyday life. To add to your housekeeping challenges, humidity and moisture — whether from leaks, poor air circulation, or weather conditions — can encourage the growth of mold and mildew, both notoriously difficult to remove.
But household mold is not just an ugly cosmetic nuisance. It can also be dangerous to your family's health. Over the course of his career, mold remediation specialist Michael Rubino has seen the devastating effects of household mold on his clients' health and has dedicated his career to helping families recognize the hidden dangers of mold and restore their homes to a safe, healthful condition. In an exclusive e-mail interview, Rubino told us about the dangers of household mold and why you should take them seriously.