Michael Rubino talks about indoor air quality and how mold can affect it. Michael explains the importance of proper remediation, why mold growth in a home often occurs, and the impact this exposure can have on the health of those exposed.
What You’ll Learn:
- What steps to take if you know mold is somewhere in the house
- The importance of proper mold inspections and testing
- What remediation actually is and how to properly complete the process
- About Michael's company HomeCleanse
- The importance of encapsulation after remediation
- How to protect a basement from water intrusion
- How fogging should be used and common misconceptions about this tool
- Construction issues that lead to water damage and indoor contamination
- The importance of healthy indoor air quality
- The need for more research about the impact toxic indoor environments and mold exposure can have on health
- Steps to prevent mold in a home
Give a listen below!
Dr. Meghan Birt is a chiropractor, health coach, real foodie, and blogger. She helps busy women simplify health so they can take action daily towards their health goals. In her podcast, Dr. Meghan explains her own health journey, what she’s learning and how listeners can apply this knowledge in their own lives. While on the journey Dr. Meghan shares through solo episodes and guest interviews on topics of health, nutrition, healing, exercise, faith, self-care and truly loving and appreciating the body God gave you. Truth is shared and a healthy lifestyle is within reach.
About Michael Rubino
Michael Rubino, author of The Mold Medic: An Expert's Guide to Mold Removal, is the authority on mold remediation. As Founder and Chairman of HomeCleanse, Rubino specializes in working with people who are immunocompromised or have acute and sustained reactions to mold exposure. Rubino provides solutions that not only get rid of mold sources but also get rid of the contamination created by those mold sources using his proprietary “Home Detox” method. He is a council-certified Mold Remediator by IICRC and ACAC and a contributing member, sponsor, and speaker for the Indoor Air Quality Association.